RISE nitro coffee stars in these alcohol cocktail recipes.
Nitro cold brew coffee is usually thought of as a drink in its own right, rather than an ingredient. You might reach for cold brew coffee in a can, or pour yourself a cup of nitro cold brew coffee on tap – and you might even think to add milk or sugar (which is not a necessary addition, but I particularly love to add cashew milk for an indulgent afternoon break). However, the notion of nitro coffee in cocktails is always front of mind.
Cold brew – and, in particular, RISE nitro cold brew – can make some of the most delicious (and somewhat caffeinated!) cocktails around. Because RISE is 80% less acidic than the average cup of coffee, it plays well when mixed with friends. The chocolatey notes of the bean play through to the nose and to the tongue – and the rich, creamy nature of the nitro add a pleasant textural quality.
Here are some of the basics – and, our favorites!
The Nitro Martini
The Nitro Martini brings us back to the origin of the Martini in 1980s London, and (fun fact) is now seeing a huge comeback – particularly in the UK and Australia.
Ingredients for 1 serving:
- 2 ounces vodka (or, vanilla vodka for a delicious spin-off)
- 1 ounce RISE Brewing Co. nitro cold brew coffee
- ½ ounce simple syrup
- ½ ounce coffee-flavored liqueur (e.g. Kahlua)
- Fill a cocktail shaker ½ full with ice and add vodka, nitro cold brew coffee, simple syrup, and liqueur.
- Shake well for 10 seconds to chill.
- Strain into a martini glass or coupe, and garnish with 3 coffee beans if desired.
The "RISE & Grind"
The affectionately-named “RISE & Grind” is a decadent, almost dessert-like experience. For me, this is best enjoyed fireside after a hard day of skiing – but it can be enjoyed year-round.
- 1 ounce Irish whiskey
- 4 ounces RISE Brewing Co. nitro cold brew coffee
- ¾ ounce whiskey- and cream-based liqueur (e.g. Bailey’s)
- ¾ ounce coffee-flavored liqueur (e.g. Kahlua)
- ½ ounce cream
- Pour whiskey, nitro cold brew coffee, liqueurs into a pint glass.
- Mix in cream.
- Fill with ice & serve with a straw.
- Add whipped cream for some flair, if desired. Cheers!
These Notes on Nitro brought to you by team member: Melissa Kalimov