Chocolate-y Coffee = Chocolate-y Dessert!
We know how hard you RISE & grind on a day-to-day basis. Sometimes, you just need a special something to treat yourself after a long week. Why not get your RISE Nitro Brewing Co. fix while fueling your sweet tooth?
Whether you’re entertaining family, your coworkers, or just yourself (sharing isn’t always caring), this RISE tiramisu recipe is what you need – just make sure to hide your leftovers, we can’t promise they’ll stick around.
RISE Brewing Co. Nitro Coffee Tiramisu Recipe:
- 2 cans of RISE Original Black
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 5 large egg yolks
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 pound mascarpone, softened
- 3/4 cup cold heavy cream
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 50 lady fingers, the crustier the better (NOT the cakey ones; they will fall apart)
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder, for dusting
1. Whisk together the two cans of RISE Original Black and the rum in a small bowl. Set aside.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer, whisk the yolks on low until just combined, about 5 seconds. Add the sugar and salt and beat on high until pale yellow, about a minute. Add the mascarpone and beat until combined. Scrape the mascarpone mixture into a separate bowl. Pour the cream into the same mixer bowl (no need to clean it) and beat until stiff peaks form, about 1 minute.
3. Gently, and in batches, fold the whipped cream and chocolate chips into the mascarpone mixture. Set aside.
4. Quickly dunk each side of the lady fingers into the coffee mixture, about 1 second per side. Lay the coffee'd lady fingers in rows on the bottom of a 9-by-13-inch glass baking dish. Once you have a crowded layer, add half of the cream mixture and spread evenly. Repeat another layer of lady fingers, lining them in the opposite direction from the previous layer. Spread on the rest of the cream mixture. Wipe the edges, cover in plastic wrap and let sit overnight, 6 to 8 hours.
5. Dust in full crust-to-crust coverage with cocoa powder before serving.