One of my favorite things about the holidays is the sweet treats that just seem to be everywhere. You can’t open the fridge or walk through the kitchen without a plate of goodies calling your name. It’s the time of year we’re allowed to indulge because the new year is just around the corner and that’s when we resolve to shed those holiday pounds.
But guess what. Holiday treats don’t always have to be so bad for the waistline. There are some ways to satisfy everyone’s sweet treat cravings without adding more muffin top. Give this recipe a try and keep plenty on hand. They will go fast.
Recipe for Gingerbread Cake Balls:
- 1/4 cup Protein powder or almond flour
- 1/4 cup oat flour
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 3 tbsp melted melted coconut oil
- 3 tbsp cashew butter
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup (can sub 1 with molasses for a more gingerbread flavor)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon + 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Pinch of sea salt
- 3 tbsp RISE Brewing Oat Milk Latte
- 2 tbsp plant milk
Recipe for Coating:
- 1/2 cup Monk fruit powdered sugar
- 2-3 tbsp RISE Brewing Oat Milk Latte
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
Mix all dry ingredients together until combined. Then add in the wet. You may need to use your hands! Roll into balls and place in the freezer to harden a bit. Mix the coating ingredients together until you reach a glaze consistency. Dip each ball & return to the fridge/freezer until it hardens. Enjoy!
Recipe & photos by @danishealthyeats